NUMERICAL METHOD & COMPUTATIONAL TECHNIQUE
1. Introduction to computer language : Machine language, assembly language, higher level language, compilers, problem solving using computer algorithm, flow chart, examples. Lecture : 5
2. C/C++ Programming : Constant & variables, arithmetic expression, I/O statement, specification statement, control statements, subscripted variables, logical expression, function and subroutines, examples of programming should include numerical as well as non numeric applications, matrix operations, searching , sorting etc. Lecture : 15
3. Iterative Techniques for solution of equations : i. Solution of non linear equation – Simple iteration scheme, Bisection method, Regula-falsi method, Newton – Raphson method, Secant method, their rates of convergence, order of errors etc. Lecture : 5
ii. Solution of linear equation – Gaussian elimination, matrix inversion by Gaussian method, computation of determinants, Jacobi and Gauss Seidel iteration method. Lecture : 4
4. Polynomial approximation : Interpolation, several form of interpolating polynomials like Lagrangian interpolation of polynomial and Newtons forward and backward difference formula, curve fitting(least square) . Lecture : 6
5. Numerical integration : Trapezoidal method, Simpson’s rule, order of errors in integration. Lecture : 4
6. Solution of initial value problem : Euler’s method, Runge-Kutta second order and fourth order methods, solution of boundary value problem – Finite difference method.
1. Numerical methods for scientific and engineering computations by M.K. Jain, S.R.K. Iyengar, and R.K.Jain, New Age International Publishers, New Delhi.
2. Introductory Method of Numerical Analysis by S.S. Sastry, Prentice Hall of India Pvt. Ltd.
1. Numerical Analysis in Engineering by Rama B. Bhat, S. Chakravarty, Narosa Publishing House.
2. Advanced Engineering Mathematics by E.Kreyszig, 8 th edition by John Wiley & Sons, New York.
ClassRoom Notes in pdf Download